Chips, cracks, stains, gaps—these defects add up big smile problems. Fortunately, here at Lifetime Family Dental in New Lenox, IL, Dr. Aroon Pal and Dr. Amer Atassi offer cosmetic dentistry services that literally erase these aesthetic issues. Porcelain veneers are one of their most sought after treatments—read on to learn why.
Can you rejuvenate your look?
That's what cosmetic dentistry is all about. Increasing in popularity and scope over the past three decades, aesthetic dental services recreate lifelike tooth color, shape, alignment, and more.
Your treatment plan begins with a cosmetic dentistry consultation at Lifetime Family Dental in New Lenox. First, Dr. Pal or Dr. Atassi will ensure that your teeth and gums are healthy by performing an exam and taking X-rays. As the patient, you need to tell your dentist how you wish to change your smile. Often, porcelain veneers are used to correct a variety of dental flaws on otherwise healthy teeth.
What are porcelain veneers?
Also called dental laminates, veneers are thin pieces of fine ceramic. Tooth-colored, translucent, and custom-made, veneers cover the front of teeth that have various cosmetic defects such as:
- Hairline cracks
- Narrow gaps
- Poor shape
- Uneven length
- Deficient size
- Excessive wear due to acid erosion or teeth clenching and grinding
In fact, Dentistry Today calls porcelain veneers "instant orthodontics"--not because they can straighten teeth per se, but because they make teeth appear well-aligned. Also, veneers contribute a substantial measure of strength and durability to flawed teeth.
What you should know about the treatment
- Your cosmetic dentist pre-qualifies you with a complete oral exam and X-rays in his New Lenox office.
- Veneers are permanent. They are securely bonded on the front side of teeth in the smile zone at the front of the mouth.
- Your dentist removes a thin portion of tooth enamel to ensure the veneers fit and bite accurately.
- You may need to wear temporary laminates while your permanent ones are manufactured at the dental lab.
- Veneers require normal brushing and flossing, along with six-month examinations and cleanings at Lifetime Family Dental. Don't eat hard candy or bite your fingernails or other non-foods.
- Look forward to your laminates lasting about ten years.
New, improved, and dazzling
Obtain the smile you want with porcelain veneers from Dr. Pal and Dr. Atassi at Lifetime Family Dental in New Lenox. Contact us to explore the possibilities: (815) 717-8793.